Conversion Optimization for Membership Sites
92% of your visitors show up, do nothing, and then leave.
The most frustrating part? You have no idea why or how to fix it.
Make improvements to your website thatwill raise revenue
You do what you can to design your site to convert customers well, but for the most part, it’s just a guessing game for you.
All that money that you’re spending on getting people to your website — whether through inbound marketing, SEO, or ad campaigns — is being flushed away as people show up and bail.
A highly successful strategy to prevent the guesswork is through conversion rate optimization and A/B testing. A lot of successful member-based companies continually grow their profits by integrating CRO as a regular practice in their business.
The problem for many: it can be complicated, time consuming and you have to be experienced enough to know what and how to test to produce reliable results.
How we will help eliminate the guesswork for you
Over three months of our conversion optimization service, we will handle all of the following for you:
- Analyze your conversion funnel and identify problematic areas
- Set up key performance indicators (KPI) to track results
- Track your data and user behavior to pinpoint pit-falls
- Use split-testing to make provable improvements that raise your conversion rate
What will more conversions look like for you?
Let’s say, as an example, that you sell a subscription box product (e.g. Dollar Shave Club). You’ve already done the math to know that your average lifetime value of a customer is about $1,200 ($50/month times average customer lifetime of 24 months). In that scenario, even netting you one extra conversion would more than pay for this service, and that’s just for one more customer.
Imagine the cumulative effect of increasing your conversion rate every single month.
What you can expect us to do
The short answer: we are going to bring a critical eye to your membership site, run A/B testing on your site for you and make you more money. The long answer…
We start Day 1 by creating a roadmap
We look at three things on your site: 1) your traffic, 2) your sales process and 3) your user experience. Based on our analysis, we put together a game plan for where we will make changes, what we will test and why.
We hand over to you a list of quick wins
Some changes don’t need an A/B test for us to confidently say that they will have a positive impact on conversions and user experience. During week 1, we will put together a report that contains 10-15 of these “quick wins” that can be handled in-house or by us. This alone is a $750 value.
We run A/B testing for you
Depending on your traffic and current conversion rate, we will run anywhere from 1-3 A/B tests for you each month. We start by identifying changes that we expect to raise conversions for you and run a split test to see whether those changes out perform the original. Whatever the result, you confidently know that you’re not leaving money on the table.
You get all the insight, without all the work
At the end of each month, we will provide you a report that will show you how we came in to this month and how we left it. We break down the results of each test and also recommend our game plan for the next month.
Black Light is built to bring you value
Don’t miss out on lost revenue
Even the smallest details can effect whether or not a visitor makes the jump to become a customer. We test those details so that you aren’t unnecessarily missing opportunities.
Spend your time on other things
We will improve your website’s conversion rate with very little time expected from you. That way you can get back to doing what you do best.
High-touch service without delays
Never again have to get a consultant “on the calendar” to work on your site. You will have our expert advice and attention every month.
Is this service right for you?
In order for our service to guarantee results for you, the following things would need to be true about your organization.
- Your organization uses your website to make sales, gain customers or bring in new leads.
- Your organization affirms the importance of a website’s role in growing your business.
- Your organization has the flexibility to make manageable changes to your website quickly without a lengthy approval process.
We want to help you raise your conversion rates this month
Choose the right way to get started for you
The DIY Course
Our 3-day CRO email course that covers…
- Getting a live A/B test up and running on your site today (just getting your feet wet is half the battle)
- The dos and don’ts of A/B testing so you get reliable results
- Helping you come put together a 3-month strategy for testing that will save you thousands of dollars
Our 3-month CRO service
- Initial assessment of your site and conversion funnel
- Monthly attention to your data & analytics
- Regular improvements to your site
- Split testing on those improvements with actual visitors
- End-of-the-month reports
3 open spots remaining
A professional audit of your site and report that includes
- A 60-minute kickoff meeting to determine your long-term business goals so that we can build a testing strategy around them
- A list of quick wins that, when addressed, could drastically improve the success of your site
- Initial assessment of your conversion funnel
- Our 3 month plan for what should be changed and tested to improve your conversion rates
You may also be wondering
What if I don’t get enough value out of Black Light? Do I get a refund?
Yes. If you’re not happy with the results, we offer a no-questions asked 100% money back guarantee.
What kind of time commitment is this for me?
At the start of our time together, we will send over a welcome packet that sets the expectations on how you will be involved and what we will be delivering each month. Aside from the initial set up, we won’t need to take you away from other important work for more than 45 minutes each month.
What happens at the end of the three months?
If you would like to continue the service beyond the 3 month agreement, we will keep your spot reserved for you. If you prefer not to continue, we will finish out any unresolved testing and turn over the account with the A/B testing software to you so that you can continue in-house, hire on another contractor or simply close it out.
What do you use to run the testing?
We recommend Visual Website Optimizer to perform the split-testing, but if you have a strong preference on using another provider, we are happy to discuss other options.
Who are you?
We are Michael Steele and Travis Northcutt. Collectively, we have over a decade of experience in web design, development and marketing. You can read more about us if you’d like.